So, it’s been a difficult and interesting couple of months everyone. We are all dealing with personal and work issues, communicating, connecting and living in a way that wasn’t even imaginable in early March. Strange times indeed. But, we know this situation will come to an end. Not all at once, it will happen in stages, and that’s where we are focused: on the future.
First, we have to thank everyone who contributed to our GoFundMe campaigns and our Gift Card sales. You all raised a lot of money for many of our people who needed the help. We were deeply touched by your generosity and we look forward to repaying it to you and our community once we get open.
Secondly, a few points about re-open. We want to do that as soon as we can, our team had no idea how much they would miss being of service to you all. We may choose to delay our opening once we are cleared to do so for the safety of our staff and customers and for the long term health of the pub. Also, there will be a number of changes when we open, some of which we know and some of which we are still working on. We know we will be doing things like:
- Encouraging reservations so you know you have a seat and we can avoid lines and waiting
- Frequent and thorough hand washing by all of our staff
- Adhering to social distancing guidelines which means fewer seats will be available
- Sanitizing tables, chairs, bar tops, handles and other surfaces after each guests’ use
- Everyone working will be in masks
- Promoting the use of digital or single use menus
- Taking staff temperatures and monitoring their health
These are only a small list of measures we’ll take to make our pub safe for guests and our staff. This all sounds very serious, and it is. However, we have the thing most other places don’t- that great Irish spirit, optimism and determination to get through hard times and come out stronger and better than we started. We’ve no doubt that will be the case here!
We look forward to seeing you soon. For updates, check our social channels and sign up for our email updates.